Known as the birthplace of California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon, Livermore Valley is located just 35 miles east of San Francisco or Silicon Valley. There are many beautiful wineries to see in the area and we are very excited to have LVWA on board as the host for this excursion.
Details: Upon arrival in Livermore Valley, our group will be welcomed by the Wente’s, California’s first family of Chardonnay. We will have a lunch tasting at their historic Murrieta’s Well winery before heading to Steven Kent Mirassou’s Ghielmetti Vineyard to taste wines made from its highly coveted grapes. Time among the vines will be followed by a tasting of Livermore Valley wines at Wood Family Vineyards—one of the newest tasting rooms in a growing cluster of urban wineries—and a tasting of local spirits. The day will end with dinner at Concannon Vineyard, including a greeting and tour led by 4th generation vintner John Concannon. Don’t miss this opportunity to strike a pose with Concannon’s Cabernet Sauvignon “mother vine,” parent of 80 percent of the Cab vines planted in California!
That night, we will stay at our host hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn (VIP check-in handled in advance by LVWA).
The next day will begin with a visit to the Winemakers Studio at Wente Vineyards to experience more Livermore Valley wines. Then we will head to Downtown Livermore for brunch and a final tasting before the bus departs for the Oakland and San Francisco airports.
WBC17 Guest Itinerary:
Sunday, November 12
Livermore Valley Wine Country Excursion: Sunday – Monday
- Max capacity: 30
- Pickup: 9:30 AM on Sunday, Nov. 12 at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa
- Drop Off: At Oakland airport by 1:30pm and SFO airport by 2:15pm on Monday, Nov. 13
- Lodging: Hilton Garden Inn Livermore (click link to book)
- Sunday, November 12, 9:30 AM – Pick up from Santa Rosa hotel
- 11:30 AM – Arrive Livermore Valley, lunch at Murrieta’s Well with welcome from Wente family
- 1:15 PM – Ghielmetti Vineyard Tour & Tasting
- 2:45 PM – Tasting of Livermore Valley wines at Wood Family Vineyards (Vasco Road urban winery cluster)
- 4:30 PM – Sidewinder still tour and local spirits tasting
- 5:45 PM – “Cab Camp” and dinner at Concannon Vineyard with John Concannon
- 9:00 PM – Arrive at Hilton Garden Inn for the night
- Monday, November 13, 7:00 AM – Buffet breakfast at hotel
- 8:30 AM – Board bus
- 8:45 AM – Wente Winemakers Studio experience featuring Livermore Valley wines
- 10:30 AM – Brunch and tasting in Downtown Livermore
- 12:30 PM – Depart Livermore Valley for airports
There are a few spots remaining on this excursion. Register here for WBC and get all your excursions and wine dinners booked together!