The Wine Bloggers Conference brings together a fantastic collection of new media every year. Hundreds of bloggers will convene in Santa Barbara County this July 11-13, 2014 – “in vino veritas” will be alive and well as these bloggers taste hundreds of different wines from the five different AVAs of Santa Barbara’s wine country, just two hours north of Los Angeles.
Just as every palate perceives something different from the other, every blogger has just a little bit of a different take on rating wines. But is this “take” universally perceived by wine consumers? WBC14 sponsor, Quini, has developed a new way of tasting wines via their application. Quini standardizes the wine tasting process with a common, standard language and structure that enables consumers to compare “apples to apples” or in the case of wine, “grapes to grapes.” And Quini is asking you, the wine blogger, to investigate the Quini wine app before, during, and after the 2014 Wine Bloggers Conference.
JUMPSTART WBC15 QUINI CONTEST
Quini is giving away:
- 3 x WBC15 registrations
- 2 x Grand Prize giveaways that include: 1 x two nights of accommodation AND registration to WBC15 and 1 x registration to WBC15 + an iPad mini
You must be registered for, and attend, WBC14 and participate in the Quini Contest to be eligible for the prize draw.
Details for Quini’s Jumpstart WBC15 Contest:
TO WIN A WBC15 REGISTRATION
- WBC14 conference registrants download the Quini App, (link available at www.quiniwine.com).
- If you’re on Android, drop Quini a note for alternatives at: email@example.com
- Use the app at WBC14 to rate the great wines you taste at the conference, as well as during the pre and post conference excursions and events.
- Bloggers have until 11:59 pm PST on July 13 to review wines from WBC14 for the contest draw.
- Three Quini app users will be chosen, at random, in the drawing for WBC15 registration prizes.
- The more times you use Quini to rate wines, the more chances you have to win one of the three registrations.
- Only complete wine reviews on Quini will be entered into the draw, so get started by familiarizing yourself with the application by watching this concise video and get a few ratings done before you head to WBC14!
- Email your name to Quini at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WBC14” to get your wine review entries tracked.
TO WIN ONE OF THE TWO WBC15 GRAND PRIZES
- WBC14 conference registrants use the Quini app to review a wine or multiple wines tasted at WBC14 (including wines on the pre-conference tour and on the post-conference activities).
- Bloggers are required to write a blog post about the conference and wine/wines they review using the app and have until August 15, 2014 to publish and submit their blog posts.
- Two Quini users will be chosen, at random, in the drawing on August 15 for either
- two nights of accommodation + registration for WBC15 (location to be announced at the end of WBC14)
- OR registration to WBC15 + iPad mini.
- Links to your blog posts for the two grand prize giveaways also need to be emailed to Quini in order to fulfill the contest requirements.
- Send your emails to: Ashley Hargreaves of Quini at: email@example.com. Again, more posts equal more chances to win.
A BIT ABOUT QUINI:
Quini serves as common platform for professional wine tasting and rating as well as an educational tool for the wine consumer. The state of the art Quini application was developed with wine industry gurus: Sommeliers, doctorates in sensory analysis & food science, doctorates in statistics, and interactive architecture and design experts. By drilling down the core sensory experience of tasting wine, Quini allows bloggers to project their wine reviews to the end consumer using greater detail, a common language, and engaging visual representations. Quini also functions as a database to catalogue one’s own personal tasting notes and makes wine suggestions based on your own, unique palate. As Quini CEO, Roger Noujeim, relays:
“Besides being the only application designed to expand user experience and knowledge about wine tasting, Quini is like having a wine steward in your pocket at all times. Users get amazingly accurate wine recommendations based on what they have indicated they like in a wine. The more a wine consumer uses Quini, the more Quini “gets to know” the user and the more accurate their wine recommendations get.”
In the wine blogging setting like the one coming up this July in beautiful Santa Barbara wine country, Quini allows bloggers to voice and share their reviews using a common language that readers can easily understand and use to the best of their purchasing advantage.
If you have any questions about Quini or the Quini Contest, please contact Ashley Hargreaves at: firstname.lastname@example.org.