The Wine Bloggers Conference will take place outside of North America for the first time, scheduled for October 10 – 12 in The Hunter Valley, New South Wales in Australia.
Here is a taste to get you excited about the conference, from our friends at the Hunter Valley Wine & Tourism Association.
We have worked for many months to make Australia a reality for the WBC. Here are a few details to entice you:
- The Hunter Valley is one of the most renowned wine regions in Australia and yet is just over two hours from Sydney and the country’s largest airport.
- Our conference will take place at the The Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, a full resort with golf, tennis, and vineyard views right on the resort property. Our rate of A$190 (USD134) is excellent for this region. Booking code coming soon.
- We have outstanding local support from Wine Australia, Destination New South Wales, the Hunter Valley Wine & Tourism Association, the New South Wales Wine Industry Association, and Destination Sydney Surrounds North. As you know, more local support makes for a better, richer event.
- Our main local partner is the Wine Communicators of Australia, a local organization representing 700 members engaged in communications in the wine industry.
- We are working on creating multi-day pre-conference and post-conference excursions so you can extend your stay and see other parts of Australia. We expect to have these confirmed by mid-December.
- There will be plenty of Australian wine plus wines from other areas of the world.
- The Australia Dollar is currently at 72 cents to the USD and 62 cents to the Euro, making your overall costs more reasonable.
- We will provide spouse/partner registration tickets at the same price as our regular tickets, to encourage you to bring your significant others. We will provide ideas for activities for those not attending all of the conference once we have a sense of how many significant others will be attending.
For 2019, we plan to appeal to wine bloggers, wine writers, and wine influencers not just in North America and Australia but from around the world. Imagine yourself sitting at a table with wine bloggers from Europe, China, Australia, and North America. This could be your best opportunity to make worldwide contacts and help propel your own efforts and brand.
We recognize joining us in Australia will be a big commitment for many of you but we hope you can make that commitment and join us next October in the Hunter Valley!