At the recent Wine Media Conference, one recurring topic of conversation was whether wine media should attend the upcoming International Food Blogger Conference, scheduled for March 17 – 20, 2022 in El Paso, Texas and Juárez, Mexico.
The answer is a resounding yes. Consider these reasons to attend:
- The conference includes one excursions to Juárez, Mexico, and one excursion to Las Cruces, NM, both of which are open to all registrants and are included in your conference price.
- We have secured an outdoor location. Combined with a policy of mask wearing on buses and a requirement that all attendees be tested or vaccinated, this should be a safe conference.
- Food bloggers and writers tend to have much, much larger audiences than wine bloggers and writers. By learning how to incorporate food into your wine writing, you can substantially grow your audience.
- Food bloggers are much more focused on monetization of their efforts than are wine bloggers. Via the content and conversations with other attendees, you can learn new ideas for how to make money from your passion.
- Just like the Wine Media Conference is focused on wine, the International Food Blogger Conference is focused on food. One event alone – the Taste of El Paso in which we invite 12 + local restaurants to an outdoor park to serve us small bites of their signature dishes – could make the trip to El Paso worthwhile.
We already have half a dozen wine writers registered for IFBC22. Let’s make it two dozen!