We blogged recently about the Twitter reach of the Wine Bloggers Conference, in which we estimated the conference produced 10-20 million impressions on Twitter.
In a more professional analysis, Virginia Wine sent us the following statistics from their Row Feeder analysis of the conference:
Twitter Statistics from July 21-24 (Thursday through Sunday)
Tweets with #wbc11: 14,989
Potential Impressions on tweets with #wbc11: 43,238,099
A few thoughts:
- We underestimated. The total potential impressions is over 43 million.
- This number reflects just the four days the conference was running and does not include the many Tweets before and after the conference.
- As we all know, “impressions” does not mean that 43 million people read about the WBC on Twitter. Many of these impressions reflect multiple hits to the same Twitter user and many of them go unread. This is similar with any other form of media where impressions are counted.
- Still, 43 million potential impressions is a huge number.
- 15,000 Tweets in four days is also impressive!
Thanks to all of you who Tweeted, posted, or Facebooked about the conference.