The 8th Annual Wine Blog Awards are here! Submissions are open through May 2nd – we encourage you to submit a wine blog or blogs for this prestigious program that awards excellence in new media.
The goal of the Wine Blog Awards program is a simple one: to honor and celebrate the best in wine blogging; encourage the wine blogging community to continue what has been a continued march to relevance and success in the area of wine education and reporting and to draw attention to the wine blogging community.
With a mission that aligns with the goal of the Wine Blog Awards, the fine beverage publication, Mutineer Magazine, is, again, sponsoring this year’s Wine Blog Awards – they will lead the presentation of the Awards live at the Wine Bloggers Conference.
Wonder how the Wine Blog Awards program works? Do read on:
Click here to go directly to the Wine Blog Awards Submission Page
* there are nine categories for which blogs can be submitted – you can submit the same blog for different categories, if they fit more than one category
* once a blog has been submitted in a particular category by someone, it does NOT need to be submitted again
* click here for a list of blogs that have already been nominated
Click here for a rundown of the different categories & the criteria for judging under which blogs can be submitted.
* Judges for the Wine Blog Awards will be announced in the very near future.
* The panel of judges will consider each and every blog in a category – it is not the case that the blogs with the most submissions are those that will be considered to be finalists.
* After the submission process closes on May 2nd, our judges will then undertake the task of evaluating based on the criteria for each category. Their individual evaluations will be taken together to determine the five finalists blogs in each category.
* Once the finalists in each category are determined and announced, voting on the winners begins. The winner in each category is determined by a vote of the public and of the judges. The final determination is based on a 50/50 weighting between collective votes of the judges and the public vote.
* The winners will be announced at #WBC14 in Santa Barbara County.
Get your Wine Blog Awards submissions on! We look forward to your participation in this annual voting that honors excellence in new media.