We could not hold this conference and offer such an unbelievably low price to participants without the support of our sponsors and partners. Please take the time to read about them below. We will be adding more as the planning progresses!
- For sponsor information, please contact Reno Walsh at 888.758.8687 ext: 704 (North America only) or email@example.com. In your email, please mention “Wine Media Conference” as we also run other conferences.
- Please note we discourage events not included in the official agenda for a variety of reasons: they often are invite only, which is against the spirit of the WMC; if planned during the WMC they pull from our scheduled events; and they take advantage of the WMC’s gathered attendees without supporting the conference itself. If you have an idea for an event before, during, or after the conference, please contact us to discuss sponsorship.
- If you would like to host a future Wine Media Conference, please complete our Host Application.
Wine Australia supports a competitive wine sector by investing in research, development and extension (RD&E), growing domestic and international markets, protecting the reputation of Australian wine and administering the Export and Regional Wine Support Package. WMC19 is supported by the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package, administered by Wine Australia.
Wine Communicators of Australia aims to be the pre-eminent organization connecting business professionals working with wine in Australia. They engage and inspire their members through the delivery of insightful information and resources in an environment of wine industry cohorts. WCA is our main organizing partner for the 2019 Wine Media Conference.
Destination New South Wales is the lead government agency for the New South Wales (NSW) tourism and major events sectors. Its role is to market Sydney and NSW as one of the world’s premier tourism and major events destinations; to secure major sporting and cultural events; to work in partnership with Business Events Sydney to win major international conventions and incentive travel reward programs; to develop and deliver initiatives that will drive visitor growth throughout the State; and to achieve the NSW Government’s goal of doubling expenditure within the State’s visitor economy by 2020. Destination NSW is our main local on the ground partner for the 2019 Wine Media Conference.
The Hunter Valley Wine and Tourism Association (HVWTA) is a not-for-profit membership based incorporated body that works in partnership with both Cessnock City and Singleton Councils. The HVWTA is responsible for destination and wine marketing, advocacy, technical and business support for all facets of the Hunter Valley wine and tourism industries from viticulture through to winemaking and tourism and wine promotion. All wines for Live Wine Social at the 2019 conference will come from HVWTA member.
The mission of Destination Sydney Surrounds North is to make Destination Sydney Surrounds North (DSSN) the most successful Destination Network in New South Wales and to maximize the benefits of the Visitor Economy for the region and New South Wales. The organization works with industry partners to ensure they are enabled to maximize opportunities and grow the Visitor Economy.
The New South Wales Wine Industry Association represents the 14 wine producing regions of New South Wales. NSW is the second largest wine producing State in Australia, accounting for over 30 per cent of the A$5 billion Australian wine industry. NSW grows over 26 per cent of the industry’s specialist wine grapes and produces around 34 per cent of its wine. The wine industry in NSW now produces 48 million litres of wine, with 40,000 hectares in grape production, and A$500 million in exports.
The Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, a full resort with golf, tennis, and vineyard views right on the resort property, is our home for the conference weekend.
Live Wine Social
We will ultimately have 25 winery sponsors of both Live Wine Social sessions.
- De Iuliis Wines | @mikedeiuliis
- Glandore Wines | @Glandorewines
- Tintilla Estate | @tintillaestate (IG)