With over 300 attendees already registered, we are looking forward to hosting a dynamite 2014 Wine Bloggers Conference in beautiful Santa Barbara wine country! The program content is robust, the conference facility is great, and our sponsor lunches, dinner, and events are off the hook.
As the WBC14 dates draw closer, this announcement serves as a reminder that you will need to find transportation to Buellton yourself. The town is located 40 minutes from the airport in Santa Barbara, two hours from Los Angeles International Airport, and five hours from San Francisco. If you are flying, you might also check prices into the Burbank or John Wayne Orange County airports. The easiest way to reach Buellton is either to rent a car or take the Central Coast Shuttle or Roadrunner Shuttle.
There are still a few spots remaining on our Post-Conference Excursions on Sunday, July 13. And quite conveniently, they have been organized so you can easily participate in both! They are just $15/each and really bring conference attendees full circle through the beautiful wine region of Santa Barbara Country. A bit about each post-conference excursion:
1) The Bridlewood Winery Estates excursion on Sunday, July 13 pays a visit to this iconic winery and includes a way-cool Santa Barbara style lunch with the Bridlewood pond in the background.
- $15 – includes lunch and transportation to and from the conference hotel
- Starts at 12 p.m. on Sunday, July 13. Returns to the conference hotel in Buellton by 3:30 p.m.
2) Hosted by Visit Santa Barbara, this excursion shows off the best of Santa Barbara from a wine lover’s viewpoint. Includes a walking visit of the eclectic Funk Zone neighborhood with its tasting rooms and food trucks (led by local winemakers as your tour guides!), a fantastic visit with the owners and winemaker at the Santa Barbara Winery, and a pizza party at the winery with a famous, local chef renowned for his pizza prowess.
- This tour starts from the conference hotel in Buellton at 3:45 p.m. and finishes in Santa Barbara.
- $15 – includes dinner and transportation from the conference hotel
- This excursion finishes in Santa Barbara – it does NOT return guests back to Buellton at the end of the excursion
- You are free to stay the night in Santa Barbara or continue onward (participants are responsible for their own lodging). If you stay the night, you can easily fly out of Santa Barbara or arrange transport to LAX the next morning.
You can sign up for these great, post-conference excursions on the Excursion Page.
Interested in ride sharing or hotel room sharing for the conference and the pre-conference excursions? Connect with fellow conference goers on our WBC Facebook Alumni Group! It’s a great way to connect before, during, and after the conference.
We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Santa Barbara wine country in July!