Guest post from the International Food Blogger Conference.
The 2021 International Food Blogger Conference Website + SEO Virtual Summit took place on March 18, 2021. Tai Goodwin, AKA The Quiz Queen, showed us how to increase our lead generation with quizzes. Read on to learn how to create an effective quiz and how you might see success. *This is a quick summary of her talk. You can view the full video session with examples by registering now.*
What’s the one thing? Quizzes!!
Quizzes can help you collect new emails, find out what and how to promote, segment your audience, get to know your audience and so much more! So, how do you create effective quizzes that generate leads? Follow these 6 steps from The Quiz Queen:
1. Set your goal.
Why are you using a quiz? Do you want to promote something? Do you want to segment your audience?
2. Choose your avatar.
Who are you talking to? The quiz will be different depending on your audience. Think about the following:
3. Decide what you are selling.
Maybe you’re selling a product or subscription. Based on your audience’s quiz answers, you’ll know what to promote to specific people.
4. Craft your quiz.
Now, for the meat and potatoes, how to craft your quiz. Follow the steps below (in order!):
- 4A. Set your scoring/ outcome. The answers your audience receives are the score/outcome.
- 4B. Craft your questions. Do this after you set your outcome! Design the questions to fit the outcomes.
- 4C. Write your results. The results are the explanation of the outcome.
- 4D. Create your follow-up messages. Ideally, automated emails sent after someone takes your quiz with their results and what you recommend they do. Continue the relationship with 5-6 emails after the initial follow-up. Be personal and connect. Don’t let them forget about you!
5. Set up your platform.
You will need a:
- Landing page platform (don’t send people to your home page!)
- Email platform
- Quiz platform (The Quiz Queen, Tai, has reviewed over 15 different platforms. She recommends Interact Quiz Maker)
We are talking about flow. Having each of these platforms will allow a seamless experience for your audience and you.
6. Drive traffic to your quiz.
What are you during currently to drive traffic? If you’re struggling or need some ideas think about the following:
- Get website viewers added to your list
- Get social media followers to join
- Get people you’ve met offline to join
- Drive traffic with content marketing
- Use paid ads to drive traffic
- Partner with colleagues/ peers to cross-promote
Now, let’s put it all together. Your flow will look something like this.
Drive Traffic ? Online Quiz ? Thank You Page ? Email Welcome Message ? Nurturing Campaign ? Sales Conversation/Offer
For the full session with examples register now. To view all sessions from the March 18, 2021, Website + SEO Virtual Summit check out our Agenda Page.
Join us at our next live event! More information can be found on the Virtual Event page.